- Our Foundation
- Our Grantmaking
- Our Community
To be eligible for specific grant rounds, your organization must submit an online grant application by the following dates, which correspond with the 2017 board meetings listed below. Applicants will be notified immediately following a board meeting whether their application has been approved (and at what funding amount) or denied.
Types of Grants: Grants may be awarded for the following programs and projects
- Organizational capacity building
- Special projects
- New programs
- Seed grants
- Capital campaigns
- Challenge grants
- Grants only to organizations that are classified as tax-exempt under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or those that are considered exempt such as governmental subdivisions.
- Organizations that are located in or benefit Oswego County through specific projects or programs.
- Organizations may receive only one grant per twelve-month period.
- No grants or loans will be made to individuals.
Focus Areas: Grants will only be given to proposals that have a focus upon:
- Arts and Culture
- Civic Benefit
- Health & Human Services
- Historic Preservation
- Economic Revitalization
Grant Proposals: Grants proposals should focus on the following matters:
- A positive and transformative impact to the community of the proposed use of money, including long-term investments in social capital and infrastructure.
- The viability of the applicant, and the sustainability of the program.
- Clearly stated, and achievable, objectives and timeframes.
- Collaboration within the community, and the inclusion of diverse voices.
- You will receive a grant approval letter shortly after your grant is approved with payment information, terms and conditions, and instructions for completing the online grant agreement.
- We will work with you to determine appropriate publicity for the grant.
- We require an online one year follow-up report for all grants.
- Depending on your grant, we may also require a six-month interim report. Both reports may be completed online.
All images © Samantha Decker (http://www.samanthadeckerphoto.com)